CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


Last weekend we went to Charlotte to visit our friends the Hemingways. They moved last summer from Christchurch. We miss them and it was a lot of fun. Jackson and Alison picked right up where they left off and had great chases and playing. Then we returned home for a few days so that Donny could go to class. Next stop was Grandmom's and Granddad's in Maryland. On Wednesday we had a fun day in Ellicott City. We went to a train museum and visited a great toy store. There was a nice crowd for Thanksgiving- the food was great and I am fatter. Then it's back home for more parties at the Souceck's with Donny's friends from College. Things have changed for this weekend party that was once dominated by young bachelor men- lot's of little kids and babies running around. Last night they had an oyster roast. Jackson LOVES oysters. Very strange we know. He probably ate 2 dozen. They couldn't roast them fast enough for him.

I am thankful for kind people who help us to feel at home when are families are far away. I am thankful for our families who care for us even when we don't see them often. I am thankful for a comfortable life in a time when many are struggling. My hope is that we can be grateful for what we have and share with others. Life is good:)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm glad you had a fun holiday. I need to call you this week sometime. Hey, let me know more songs you want me to add to your blog.

Jaime said...

I like the OREGON!!! We can't wait to see you again.
Scott