CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas and Green Monster rolling backpacks



Like many I love this time of year. I try to not commit to too much so I can enjoy it. I also try to stay focused on the reason we celebrate- the birth of Jesus. However, I also love to buy gifts- especially for Jackson. Especially when his wants are so particular.

Which brings me to the Green Monster Rolling Backpack. We saw it last summer in a Portland Airport shop for kids. Of all the things in the shop Jackson fell in love with it. On the way back to Virginia he remembered it as well and we went to the same store so he could see it. He described it to Donny in every minute detail. So....when a month ago he was still talking it.... When asked what he would like Santa to bring him he launched into super descriptive account all over again of the Green Monster rolling backpack. " I would really, really like to get that" he said. So how could I help myself? We called the airport shop, and although they don't ship they gave us enough info to find it in one on-line store.

Maybe I'll be disappointed if he doesn't take it everywhere for a month but it was fun to find and at least I know he won't be disappointed - for at least that day.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

How cute! Who wouldn't love a green monster rolling suitcase!!
You have to get him on video when he opens that one and post it, I'm dying to see it!!

Anne said...

Hi Kim. BLOG ON SISTER. I have one too...and I am 'older' come visit me...and I will stalk you often too.

Kara said...

Wow, I hope I made as much of a lasting impression on him as that rolling backpack (I doubt I did). I can't wait to hear how he likes it!

Kris said...

Hola sis. I do peek at the blogs here and there but leaving a comment is a real stretch for me. Anyways, I love the backpack obsession and the story mom and dad tell of Jackson wandering to the basketball game. The little dudes a bit compulsive but always about cool stuff!

Greg said...

Hey if he decides he doesn't like it, I would love that suitcase around campus with me! I would much rather than they want 1 specific thing than every thing they see in sight or on tv. I am really starting to hate tv and the commercials!